Introducing the Notes Migrator for SharePoint 6.1 beta program
October 29, 2011
Posted by on
Notes Migrator for SharePoint 6.1 is a significant product release that pushes the product further in three important areas: Design Migration, Content Migration and Pre-Migration Analysis.
- Migrate Notes Views to SharePoint Views
- Content Type Generation
- New Column Provisioning Options
- Provision Calculated columns
- Provision Lookup Fields
- Migrate by Form Used
- Improved Content Type Support in Migration Jobs
- Normalize multi-valued items to multiple documents
- Dynamic link tracking for URL columns
- New Run Job options
- Provision Alternate Libraries
Analysis / Migration Console
- Capture Design Copies during Analysis
- Classify by Last Used (All Replicas)
- Import data into repository from CSV files
- Performance and scalability for Migration Console
- New User/Group Mapping options
- Improved CBA/FBA support
- Windows Authentication using alternate account for Link Tracking
- Bulk Editing of certain database / class / job properties
- Usability improvements
Once again, the beta will be managed on the new SharePoint for All community site. If you would like to participate in the beta program, go to http://communities.quest.com/groups/notes-migration-product-beta-group. Sign in with your Quest Community ID, or register to create a new one. Then press the “Ask To Join This Group” button.
One of the site owners will review your request and will typically approve it the same day. You will receive a notification and then get full access to technical content and (of course) the beta build itself.
Quest Support will not be able to help you with this version until it releases, so please use the group’s Discussion area for any questions, problems or suggestions.